22.1. PREPARATION FOR COMMISSIONING
Please note that, on request by the Aermec customer or the legitimate owner of the machine, the units in this series can be started up by the AERMEC After-Sales Service in your area (valid only on Italian territory). The start of operation must be scheduled in advance based on the timeframe for the completion of works for the system. Prior to the intervention, all other works (electrical and hydraulic hook- ups, priming and bleeding of air from the system) must have been completed.
22.2. AUXILIARY CONNECTIONS IF ENVISIONED, BY THE INSTALLER
All clamps to which referece is made in the following explanations are part of the terminal board and the regulation situated inside the electric control board.
22.2.1. Remote switch-on/off
To have a remote switch-on/off device , a switch is necessary at clamps 1 and 2 of the terminal board J5.ID1.
22.2.2. Season changeover
- For every season change, check that the functioning limits lie within the limits.
- Connect a switch to clamp 4 and 3 of the J5.ID2 terminal board
22.2.3. Season change from (REMOTE ACCESSORY PANEL)
- Refer to the user manual.
22.2.4. Evaporator pump circuit breaker protection (TMP EV) Clamp 9 and 10 of the J5.ID6 terminal board
22.2.5. Condenser 1 pump circuit breaker protection (TMP C1) Clamp 98 and 99 of the J7.ID11 terminal board
22.2.6. Condenser 2 pump circuit breaker protection (TMP C2) Clamp 100 and 101 of the 2 J7.ID11 terminal board
22.2.7. Compressor 1 exclusion (ECP1) - compressor 2 (ECP2)
Whenever it is necessary to exclude the compressor, connect a switch to clamp 92 and 93 of the J8.ID14 terminal board for compressor 1 (ECP1) - clamps 94 and 95 of the 2 J8.ID14 terminal board for compressor
For the electric connections use double isolated cables in compliance with the Standards in force on this subject in the countries where the unit will be installed.
ALWAYS REFER TO THE WIRING DIAGRAM SUPPLIED WITH THE MACHINE.
Commissioning must be performed with standard settings. Only when the inspection has been completed can the functioning Set Point values by changed.
Before start-up, power the unit for at least 12-24 hours positioning the protection magnet circuit breaker switch and the door lock isolating switch at ON
Make sure that the control panel is off in order to allow the compressor sump oil to heat.
22.2.8. Condensers flow meter connection (FLC1-FLC2) Remove the jumpers at clamps 108 and 109 of the J19 terminal board. ID15 for condenser 1 flow meter (FLC1) and the jumper on clamps 110 and 111 of the 2 J19 terminal board. ID15 for condenser 2 flow meter (FCL2).
22.2.9. To control the evaporting (MPOE) and condensing (MPOC1/2) pump Connect to the clamps:
- 42 and 43 of the J12.N01 terminal board for (MPOE)
- 102 and 103 of the J18.N013 terminal board for (MPOC1)
- 104 and 105 of the 2J18.N013 terminal board for (MPOC2)
22.2.10. Multifunction input (MULTI IN)
A multifunction input is available where it is possible to select 4 different functions, but only 1 can be set:
- 0-10V variable set-point
- Max. power requested (0-10V) power from 0 to 100%
- Min. power limit. (0-10V) power from 0 to - Compensation set-point100%
To enable the MULTIFUNCTION input, close the contact between clamps 96 and 97 of the J20.ID18 terminal board. It will then be necessary to control the desired function, enable the panel parameters. To do this, refer to the user manual.
22.3. START -UP
22.3.1. Preliminary operations to be performed with no voltage present
1. All safety conditions have been respected
2. The unit is correctly fixed to the support surface
3. The minimum technical spaces have been respected;
4. That the main power supply cables have appropriate section, which can support the total absorption of the unit. (see electric data sections) and that the unit has been duly connected to the ground.
5. That all the electrical connections have been made correctly and all the terminals adequately tightened.
22.3.2. The following operations are to be carried out when the unit is live.
1. Supply power to the unit by turning the master switch to the ON position, see (fig1.) The display will come on a
few seconds after voltage has been supplied; check that the operating status is on OFF.(OFF BY KEY B on lower side of the display).
2. Use a tester to check that the value of the power supply voltage to the RST phases is equal to 400V ±10%; also verify that the unbalance between phases is no greater than 3%.
3. Check that the connections made by the installer are in compliance with the documentation.
4. Verify that the resistor of the compressor sump is working by measuring the increase in temperature of the oil pan. The resistance/s must function for at least 12 hours before start-up of the compressor and in all cases the temperature of the oil pan must be 10 -15°C higher than the room temperature.
1. Check that all hydraulic connections are made correctly, that the plate indications are complied with and that a mechanical filter has been installed at the evaporator inlet. (Mandatory component for warranty to be valid).
2. Check that the hydraulic system is filled and under pressure and also make sure that no air is present; if so, bleed it.
3. Verify that any on-off valves present in the system are correctly opened.
4. Make sure that the circulation pump/s is operating and that the flow rate of the water is sufficient to close the contact of the flow/pressure switch.
5. Check lthe water flow rate, measuring the pressure difference between input and output of the evaporator and calculate the flow rate using the evaporator pressure drop diagram present in this documentation.
6. Check the correct functioning of the flow meters if installed. Closing the cut-off valve at the output of the heat exchanger; the unit control panel must show the block. Finally re-open the valve and rearm the block.
22.4. MACHINE COMMISSIONING 3.1. After having performed all
controls stated above, it is possible to start the unit by pressing the ON key.
The display shows the temperature of the water and machine functioning mode. Check the operating parameters (set-point) and reset any alarms present.
After a few minutes, the unit will begin operating.
22.4.1. With machine on, check COOLING CIRCUIT
- That the compressor input current is lower than the maximum indicated in the technical data table.
Fig. 1 WARNING: Before carrying out the controls indicated below, make sure that the unit is disconnected from the power mains. Make sure that the master switch is locked in the OFF position and an appropriate sign is affixed. Before starting the operations, check that there is no voltage present using a voltmeter or a phase indicator.
Fig. 2 - That in models with three-phase power
supply, the compressor noise level is not abnormal. If this is the case, invert a phase.
- That the voltage value lies within the pre- fixed limits and that unbalance between the three phases (three-phase power supply) is not above 3%.
- The presence of any refrigerant GAS leaks particularly with reference to pressure plugs, pressure transducers and pressure switches. (VIBRATIONS DURING TRANSPORTATION MAY LOOSEN CONNECTIONS).
- After a brief functioning period, the oil level in the compressor and that there are no air pockets in the liquid indicator glass. The continuous passage of steam pockets can mean that the load of refrigerant is insufficient or that the thermostatic valve is incorrectly adjusted. The brief presence of vapour is however possible.
- Overheating Comparing the temperature read using
a contact thermostat positioned on the compressor intake with the temperature shown on the low pressure manometer (saturation temperature corresponding to the evaporation pressure). The difference between these two temperatures gives the overheating value. Optimal values are between 4 and 8°C
- Subcooling Comparing the temperature measured
with a contact thermostat situated on the pipe at the outlet of the condenser with the temperature shown on the high pressure manometer (saturation temperature corresponding to the condensation pressure). The difference between these two temperatures gives the subcooling value. Optimal values are between 4 and 5°C
- The Pressing line temperature If the subcooling and overheating values are regular the temperature measured in the pressing line pipe at the outlet of the compressor must be 30/40°C above the condensation temperature.
CONTROL AND SAFETY DEVICES CHECK:
- The Double High pressure switch (manual + tool)
That stops the compressor, generating the respective alarm, when the delivery pressure exceeds the setpoint value. The control of its correct functioning can be performed by closing the air intake to the exchanger (in cooling mode) and keeping the high pressure manometer under control, check the intervention in correspondence of the calibration value. Caution: In the event of failure to intervene at the calibration value, stop the compressor immediately and check the cause. The reset is manual and can only be performed when the pressure falls below the differential value. (For the set and differential values, consult the
- The Low pressure switch (if envisioned)
That stops the compressor, generating the respective alarm, when the intake pressure drops below the set-point value.
The control of its correct functioning can only be performed after about 5 minutes of functioning. Closing the cock slowly on the liquid piping and keeping the low pressure manometer under control, check the intervention in correspondence of the value calibrated.
Caution: In the event of failure to intervene at the calibration value, stop the compressor immediately and check the cause. The reset is manual and can only be carried out when the pressure falls below the differential value. (For the set and differential values, consult the technical manual).
- The anti-freeze control
The anti-freeze control managed by the electronic regulation and by the temperature probe located at the outlet of the evaporator is to prevent the formation of ice when the water flow rate is too low. Correct operation can be checked by progressively increasingly the anti-freeze set-point until it passes the outlet water temperature and keeping the water temperature controlled with a high precision thermometer, verify that the unit is off and generates the respective alarm. After this operation, take the anti-freeze set-point back to its original value.
All the units undergo rigorous tests in the factory, before delivery.
In all cases it is good practice to check all control and safety devices. All control operations must be performed by qualified staff, the incorrect settings of the above-mentioned devices cn cause serious damage to the unit.